PUBLIC SPEAKING & CONSULTING
As a multi-award-winning Hollywood Director, I love igniting the super-power of other filmmakers so that they too can succeed in show business!
After struggling in Hollywood for years, I raised 1.7 million dollars for my first film. The success of that campaign and consequently the movie, put me on the map, and I’ve been crowdfunding my creative projects ever since which earned me the nickname “The Crowdfunding Queen.”
I have developed seminars and discussions, held classes, and coached hundreds of private clients on the following topics, also known as the FIVE INDUSTRY TALKS, for over a decade:
- MARKETING/PR/SELF-DISTRIBUTION FOR/OF FILMS
- NAVIGATING THE INDUSTRY
- CAREER MANAGEMENT IN SHOW BUSINESS
- SUCCEEDING AT FESTIVALS
Originally I created these keynotes for fellow filmmakers, but these talks can be altered, and are perfectly suited for theater studies as well as for nearly all creative fields.
I have been invited to close to 70 universities, colleges, industry organizations, film festivals, expos, and non-profit organizations including:
- Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
- New York University (NYU) - New York, NY
- American Film Institute (AFI) - Los Angeles, CA
- Ithaca College - Ithaca, CA
- California State University, Northridge - Northridge, CA
- University of California, Long Beach - Long Beach, CA
- SAG-AFTRA (Screen Actors Guild of American - American Federation of Television and Radio Artists - Los Angeles, CA
- New York Film Academy (NYFA) - Burbank, CA
- Tufts University - Boston, MA
- St. John Fisher College - Rochester, NY
- Indie Entertainment Summit - Hollywood, CA
- LA's Indie Networking Conference - Los Angeles, CA
- UFVA (University of Film and Video Association) Annual Conference 2016 & 2017 - Los Angeles, CA & Las Vegas, NV
For a full list of speaking engagements click HERE.
Below you will find a preview of my signature FIVE INDUSTRY TALKS:
1. CROWDFUNDING/FUNDRAISING: Detailed "best secrets" and "top 10 lists" of effective crowdfunding/fundraising techniques for those who want to create their own projects.
2. MARKETING/PR/SELF-DISTRIBUTION FOR/OF FILMS: Detailed "how to's" of making money and/or a living with independent films, how to build a project from the beginning with the end goal in mind as well as how to create industry buzz using a filmmaker's unique background, and last but not least, how to engage one's built-in audience to grow a project exponentially.
3. NAVIGATING THE INDUSTRY: Covering everything that a filmmaker needs to have for a successful career in the business besides talent and doing quality work. Topics include: result-producing networking, self-promotion, internet and social media presence, imdb, effective resume building, websites, marketing, press, publicity, PR, branding, industry etiquette and communication, organization, handling one's career as a business, building a fan base, and how to move one's profession forward during down time.
4. CAREER MANAGEMENT IN SHOW BUSINESS: How to strategize from the start, set goals, take focused action, and move much faster towards a successful and established career than your peers.
5. SUCCEEDING AT FILM FESTIVALS: How to build an individualized film festival strategy for each project, navigating the application process, how to build outstanding relationships with festivals, how to significantly increases chances of winning (yes, there is a method for it!), how to move one's film and career forward with each festival participation, how to build an audience, and how to make a one-time audience member a long-term fan.
For groups I conduct my talks in person or via live stream. If you're interested in one-on-one consultation, I do that over the phone. (Read: You don't need to drive anywhere and sit in traffic. :- )
If you're interested in any of the FIVE INDUSTRY TALKS above, don't hesitate to book it right now HERE. If you have a special request, send me a message HERE and we'll find a solution to your situation. For additional helpful services and high-quality products visit my STORE.